Discover how NFC technology is paving the way to new methods of on-the-go charging of small, battery-operated devices
This webinar was broadcast on November 18th, 2021
Watch this 1-hour, on-demand webinar to learn how to use NFC technology to implement wireless charging in tiny, connected objects to offer more innovation and greater convenience.
With the rising popularity and adoption of NFC technology, its application areas are expanding beyond the products of our daily lives and are reaching markets far beyond payment, access control, and consumer electronics. Consumers can now benefit from innovative applications and can use NFC for device pairing, authentication, and setting product parameters for example, thereby improving product user experience and convenience. Taking a new turn, NFC technology is now enabling wireless charging (WLC).
This webinar will provide comprehensive insights into NFC wireless charging technology and addresses newcomers and experts. We will explain what NFC wireless charging can bring to small devices and provide practical use cases on its features and capabilities.
ST's experts will show you how to implement ST's wireless charging solution, which is based on state-of-the-art hardware that uses NFC readers and dynamic tags from the ST25 family.
You will learn:
- The principles of NFC wireless charging
- How NFC wireless charging compares to Qi charging technology, and when to use one or the other
- The setup and development ecosystem supporting ST's NFC wireless charging solution
- About the NFC Forum WLC standard
- The modes of support for NFC wireless power transfer: static and negotiated