The device is a full bridge motor driver intended for a wide range of automotive applications. The device incorporates a dual monolithic high-side driver and two low-side switches.
Both switches are designed using STMicroelectronics’ well known and proven proprietary VIPower® M0 technology that allows to efficiently integrate on the same die a true Power MOSFET with an intelligent signal/protection circuitry. The three dies are assembled in SO-16N package on electrically isolated leadframes.
Moreover, its fully symmetrical mechanical design allows superior manufacturability at board level. The input signals INA and INB can directly interface the microcontroller to select the motor direction and the brake condition. A SEL0 pin is available to address the information available on the MultiSense to the microcontroller. The MultiSense pin allows to monitor the motor current by delivering a current proportional to the motor current value.
The PWM, up to 20 kHz, allows to control the speed of the motor in all possible conditions. In all cases, a low level state on the PWM pin turns off both the LSA and LSB switches.
- Automotive qualified
- Output current: 15 A
- 3 V CMOS-compatible inputs
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Thermal shutdown
- Cross-conduction protection
- Current and power limitation
- Very low standby power consumption
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- PWM operation up to 20 kHz
- MultiSense diagnostic functions
- Analog motor current feedback
- Output short to ground detection
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Output protected against short to ground and short to VCC
- Standby Mode
- Half Bridge Operation
- Package: ECOPACK®
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.