The M41T0 real-time clock is a low power serial real-time clock with a built-in 32.768 kHz oscillator (external crystal controlled). Eight registers are used for the clock/calendar function and are configured in binary coded decimal (BCD) format. Addresses and data are transferred serially via a two-line bidirectional bus. The built-in address register is incremented automatically after each WRITE or READ data byte.
The M41T0 is supplied in 8-lead plastic small outline package.
- Counters for seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, years, and century
- 32 KHz crystal oscillator integrating load capacitance (12.5 pF) providing exceptional oscillator stability and high crystal series resistance operation
- Oscillator stop detection monitors clock operation
- Serial interface supports I2C bus (400 kHz protocol)
- Low standby current 0.9 μA (typ at 3 V)
- 2.0 to 5.5 V clock operating voltage
- Special software programmable output
- Operating temperature of –40 to 85 °C
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.