ST Visual Programmer (STVP-STM8) is a full-featured software interface for programming ST Flash microcontrollers. It provides an easy-to-use and efficient environment for reading, writing and verifying device memories and option bytes. STVP is delivered as part of the free ST MCU toolset, which includes the ST Visual Develop (STVD) integrated development environment and the ST Assembler Linker.
In addition, developers can take advantage of the Free Programming Toolkit with C/C++ sources for all the functions needed, to develop a customized programming interface based on STVP-STM8 for any supported ST programming hardware. It contains source code for all the functions that allow a programming application to access the STVP-STM8 low-level DLLs and program microcontrollers using any of the supported programming hardware and programming method (socket, in-circuit programming or in situ programming).
- Free software
- Supports Motorola®S19 and Intel HEX formats
- Load, edit and save executable and/or data files generated by the Assembler/Linker or C compilers
- Erase, program, view and verify device Flash memory contents
- Project mode to automate all configuration and programming tasks
- Programming toolkit with C/C++ source files for creating a programming application based on ST Visual Programmer (STVP)
- STVP supports microcontroller programming via a complete range of hardware development tools and dedicated programmers, including:
- ST-LINK in-circuit debugger/programmer for STM8 and STM32
- RLink in-circuit debugger/programmer for STM8 and ST7
- STice advanced emulators for STM8
- ST7 Flash STICK in-circuit programmer
- ST7-EPB programming board
- ST7-DVP3 and DVP2 series emulators
- ST7-EMU3 series emulators