The X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 NFC card reader expansion board is based on the ST25R3916 device.
The expansion board is configured to support ISO14443A/B, ISO15693, FeliCa™ and AP2P communication.
The ST25R3916 manages frame coding and decoding in reader mode for standard applications, such as NFC, proximity and vicinity HF RFID standards. It supports ISO/IEC 14443 Type A and B, ISO/IEC 15693 (single subcarrier only) and ISO/IEC 18092 communication protocols as well as the detection, reading and writing of NFC Forum Type 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 tags.
The on-board low power capacitive sensor performs ultra-low power wake-up without switching the reader field on and traditional inductive wake-up to select amplitude or phase measurement.
The automatic antenna tuning (AAT) technology enables operation close to metallic parts and/or in changing environments.
- On-board NFC card reader IC: ST25R3916
- 47 mm x 34 mm, four turns, 13.56 MHz inductive antenna etched on PCB and associated tuning circuit
- Six general purpose LEDs
- ISO 18092 passive and active initiator, ISO 18092 passive and active target
- NFC-A and NFC-F card emulation
- ISO 14443A and ISO14443B
- ISO 15693
- Up to 1.7 W output power with differential antenna
- Possibility of driving two antennas in single ended configuration
- Inductive and capacitive wake-up
- Automatic antenna tuning system
- Transparent and Stream modes to implement MIFARE™ Classic compliant or other custom protocols
- Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector
- Free comprehensive development firmware library compatible with STM32Cube and samples for ST25R3916
- Scalable solution for multiple board cascade
- FCC certified
- RoHS and WEEE compliant
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
The STM32 Open Development Environment is a flexible, easy and affordable way to develop innovative devices and applications. It is based on STM32 Nucleo boards and STM32Cube software.