embOS® is a highly efficient, priority-controlled real-time operating system, designed to be used as foundation for the development of embedded real-time applications.
embOS® is chosen by many engineers all over the world. embOS® offers incomparable ease-of-use and guarantees 100% deterministic real-time operation. It is highly portable and fully source-compatible on all platforms, making it easy to port applications to different cores. Tasks can easily be created and safely communicate with each other using communication mechanisms such as semaphores, mailboxes and events.
Reliability: embOS® is deployed in several million devices and is the de facto standard for embedded products.
Efficiency: embOS® is a high-performance RTOS that has been optimized for minimum memory consumption in both RAM and ROM, as well as high speed and versatility.
embOS® runs on all ST microcontrollers. For an easy start, a BSP including a start project can be downloaded for all popular ST evaluation boards. The evaluation projects work out-of-the-box.
- More than 25 years of continuous development
- Powerful and easy to use API
- Available for all popular ST microcontrollers and development tools
- Kernel awareness plug-ins available
- MISRA C® :2012 compliant
- Zero interrupt latency for deterministic response times supported
- High performance with low memory usage
- Unlimited task priorities
- Round-robin scheduling supported
- Unlimited number of tasks / semaphores / mutex / mailboxes / software timer
- Free time resolution (default is 1 ms) and easily accessible time variable
- Tickless support
- Microsecond-precise timing
- Nested interrupts are permitted
- Debug build performs runtime checks to catch common programming errors early
- Profiling and stack-check supported
- Runtime monitoring available with PC profiling tool embOSView possible (different interfaces like UART, Ethernet, JTAG supported)
- API can be called from assembly, C or C++ code
- Board supported packages available for all common microcontrollers
- Application samples for an easy start available
- Memory protection (MPU) supported
Note: The MadeForSTM32 label has been granted for the version V1.1.0 of I-CUBE-EMBOS
|License Type||Commercial with free trial version|
|Selected in MadeForSTM32||V1|
Note: The MadeForSTM32 label, in its V1 release, has been granted for version 1.1.0 of the product.