The X-CUBE-AUDIO package contains a comprehensive set of audio processing components for the STM32F4 and STM32F7 Series of microcontrollers. It is composed of high-quality efficient software libraries and modules ready to be embedded into a variety of audio appliances. All audio binaries are delivered with internal 32-bit processing and support either 16- or 32-bits I/O buffers.
Each audio effect application in X-CUBE-AUDIO expects a 16-bit stereo audio input signal at a 48-kHz sampling rate, using wave format with I/O data buffers dimensioned for 10 ms.
- STM32Cube audio effect modules and libraries for the STM32F4 and STM32F7 Series of microcontrollers
- 16-bit wave format stereo input at 48 kHz expected by Xcube audio applications
- 32-bit resolution audio library computation and 16- or 32-bit I/O buffers supported
- Bass manager (BAM): management of the low frequencies of a stereo signal, including compressor and limiter
- Generic biquad filter (BIQ): IIR second order filters and predefined standard filters such as peak removal, loudness, notch, voice enhancer, low-pass, and high-pass frequency response for transducer equalization
- Clock drift compensation (CDC): compensation of drift by smoothly adding or removing one sample
- Gain manager (GAM): management of input signal volume with negative gains in range [-80 dB: 0 dB] with 0.5 dB granularity without compression
- Graphical equalizer (GREQ): 5, 8 or 10 bands. Adjustable gain factors from -12 dB to +12 dB in standard mode
- Headphone virtualizer (HPV): audio virtualization for headphones from a 1.0/2.0/5.1/7.1 input stream to a virtualized 2.0 output stream
- MP3 Decoder (MP3Dec): decoder for MPEG-1,2 or 2.5 formats (for layers 1, 2 and 3) supporting constant, free format or VBR variable bit rate for mono or stereo audio input streams with PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) decoded output.
- MP3 encoder (MP3Enc): encoder for MPEG-1,2 or 2.5 formats (for layer 3 only) supporting fixed or free format bit rate for mono or stereo audio input streams.
- Sampling rate converter (SRC236 and SRC441):
- sampling frequency conversion from any rate with a ratio of 2, 3, 6, 3/2, 1/2, 1/3, 1/6, or 2/3
- sampling frequency conversion from 44.1 kHz to 48 kHz
- Omni surround multichannel virtualizer (OMNI2):
- audio virtualization for loudspeakers from a 1.0/2.0/5.1/7.1 input stream to a virtualized 2.0 output stream (including stereo widening effect).
- Omni surround stereo widener (OMNI2_SW only) audio virtualization for loudspeakers from a 1.0/2.0 input stream to a widened 2.0 output stream.
- Smart volume control (SVC): management of audio input signal volume including a compression with gains in the range [-80 dB:+36 dB]
- Sound detector (SDR): audio signals detection used to trigger signal processing such as speech recognition
- Sound meter (SMR): level measurement on a logarithmic scale
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
The X-CUBE-VS4A Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32F7 Series microcontrollers acting as Alexa-enabled devices. It runs on the 32F769IDISCOVERY board, which provides a native Ethernet interface.
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity