The X-CUBE-OUT3 software package expands STM32Cube functionality. It runs on the STM32 microcontroller and includes a driver controlling the IPS2050H or the IPS2050H-32 (dual-channel high-side switches for industrial applications) mounted on an X-NUCLEO-OUT03A1 or X-NUCLEO-OUT4A1 expansion board.
This software allows controlling the output channels of the expansion boards when connected to a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-G431RB development board.
It is possible to build a system with up to four stacked X-NUCLEO-OUT03A1 and/or X-NUCLEO-OUT04A1 expansion boards to evaluate an up to eight-channel digital output module.
The two channels of each board can be switched on or off independently in steady-state mode or in PWM mode.
In PWM mode, the software allows you to program the expansion boards to be switched on and off using a specific frequency in the 0-100 Hz range (0.1 Hz resolution), and specific duty cycle in the 0-100% range (1% resolution). These values can also be different for the two channels.
The software included in the package can be used in three integrated development environments (IDEs): IAR, KEIL and STM32CubeIDE.
- Software package to build applications for IPS2050H and IPS2050H-32
- High-side switch with extended diagnostics and smart driving for capacitive loads
- Ready-to-use firmware to easily evaluate the driving and diagnostic capabilities of IPS2050H and IPS2050H-32 with industrial loads
- Implementation on X-NUCLEO-OUT03A1 or X-NUCLEO-OUT04A1 expansion boards
- NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-G431RB development boards supported
- Driver library to control IPS2050H and IPS2050H-32
- GPIOs, PWMs and IRQs
- Fault/Diagnostics interrupt handling
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms.