The USB Type-C™ is the newest USB connector ecosystem, it addresses the evolving needs of platforms and devices, while retaining the functional benefits of USB.
X-CUBE-USB-PD is a USB-IF certified Expansion Package and consists of libraries, drivers, sources, APIs and application examples running on STM32F0 Series microcontrollers acting as USB Power Delivery controllers or USB Type-C port managers (TCPMs). Examples are provided to help to develop applications based on USB-PD (Provider, Consumer, DRP, Dual Port and VDM).
The "Core" of the stack is delivered in library format while the "Device" part, in open source format, offers high level of flexibility to match the design considerations.
This Expansion Package supports various hardware implementations covering most of the typical USB Type-C use-cases at optimized cost.
- Compliant with USB Type-C™ 1.3 specification and USB Power Delivery 3.0 standard
- Supports the following USB-PD 3.0 optional features:
- Programming power supply (PPS), fast role swap (FRS), extended messages
- Authentication messages and commands via USB-PD protocol
- Compliant with Type-C port controller interface (TCPCi) specification
- Enables the STM32 to act as TCPM (Type-C port manager) and to control multi TCPCs (Type-C port controllers)
- Provider (source), Consumer (sink) and Dual-Role Power (DRP) roles supported
- USB Type-C™ CC logic supported
- Cable insertion, connector orientation detection and attachment with distant port
- USB-PD messages transmission and reception over selected configuration channel (CC lines)
- Protocol layer including coding and decoding using BMC and 5b4b coding
- Structured VDM (vendor defined messages) support allowing alternate mode extensions implementation
- PD communication supported for the two sides of the USB-C cable (SOP’, SOP’’)
- Drive VCONN and SuperSpeed switches for flippable connector or alternate modes
- BIST mode support: BIST mode to enable platform testing at runtime
|产品型号||一般描述||Software Version||供应商||GitHub link||下载|
|X-CUBE-USB-PD||USB Power Delivery on STM32 software expansion for STM32Cube (UM2063)||2.1.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
STM32G0 - the world’s 1st USB Power Delivery 3.0 MCU (ST at embedded world 2019)
This advertising video presents the whole USB-C Power delivery ecosystem based on STM32G0 MCU featuring UCPD IP.