The STEVAL-IPMNG3Q is a compact motor drive power board based on SLLIMM™-nano (small low-loss intelligent molded module) 2nd series product ( STGIPQ3H60T-H) . It provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution for driving high power motors in a wide range of applications such as power white goods, air conditioning, compressors, power fans and 3-phase inverters for motor drives in general.
The IPM itself consists of short-circuit rugged IGBTs and a wide range of features like undervoltage lockout, smart shutdown, internal temperature sensor and NTC, overcurrent protection and internal op-amp.
The main characteristics of this evaluation board are small size, minimal BOM and high efficiency. It features an interface circuit (BUS and VCC connectors), bootstrap capacitors, snubber capacitor, hardware short-circuit protection, fault event signal and temperature monitoring. It is designed to work in single- or three-shunt configuration and with triple current sensing options: three dedicated on-board op-amps, op-amps embedded on MCU or single internal IPM op-amp. The Hall/Encoder part completes the circuit.
The system is designed to achieve accurate and fast conditioning of current feedback to satisfy the typical requirements for field oriented control (FOC).
The STEVAL-IPMNG3Q is compatible with ST’s control board based on STM32, providing a complete platform for motor control.
- Input voltage: from 125 to 400 VDC
- Nominal power: up to 300 W
- Nominal current: up to 1.8 A
- Input auxiliary voltage: up to 20 VDC
- Single- or three-shunt resistors for current sensing (with sensing network)
- Three options for current sensing: dedicated external op-amps, internal SLLIMM-nano op-amp (single) or via MCU
- Overcurrent hardware protection
- IPM temperature monitoring and protection
- Hall sensor or encoder input
- IGBT intelligent power module:
- 2nd series SLLIMM-nano IPM (STGIPQ3H60T-H – full molded package)
- Motor control connector (32 pins) interfacing with ST MCU boards
- Universal design for further evaluation with bread board and testing pins
- Very compact size
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.