The EVL150W-HVSL is an evaluation board of a 150 W / 1 A LED driver with wide input mains range. The electrical specification is tailored on a typical high-power street lighting application.
It is based on a two-stage architecture, consisting of a front-end PFC pre-regulator and a downstream half-bridge resonant tank converter. The pre-regulator is a transition mode PFC based on constant ON time control, while the resonant converter is an LCC tank that is more suitable than LLC tank to build a current source.
Both stages are based on the new STCMB1 combo controller that integrates, in the same device, a transition mode PFC controller and a half-bridge resonant controller.
Thanks to the STCMB1, the main features of this design are high efficiency, no-load input power consumption is very low, reduced harmonics compliant with the EN61000-3-2 Class-C, and EMI within the relevant EN55022 limits.
Another noticeable feature of this LED driver is the extremely wide dimming capability, actually the board can regulate the current from maximum level down to less than 10% with analog dimming and to 1% in PWM dimming. The PWM dimming is perfectly flicker free, because even in the case of very low current, it is kept continuous (DC) in the LED and thus independent of the frequency of the PWM dimming signal.
The board also has protection features in case of overload, short-circuit, open loop by each section. For this particular application, all protections in case of intervention have an auto-restart functionality.
- Universal input mains range: 90 to 264 Vac - frequency 45 to 65 Hz
- Half-bridge topology: LCC
- Max. output voltage and current: 150 V at 1 A continuous operation
- No-load mains consumption: < 0.5 W
- THD < 10% at 230 Vac from 25 to 100% of the full load
- No need of auxiliary SMPS (Viper or equivalent)
- Efficiency: >91% at full load
- No electrolytic capacitors for long term reliability
- Conducted EMC: within EN55022-Class-C limits
- Safety: meets EN60950
- Dimming: analog, resistive, PWM (open collector)
- Feedback loops: constant current and constant voltage
- Protections: LED short-circuit, LED string open, regulation loop failure
- Dimensions: 69x157 mm, 28 mm components maximum height
- PCB: double side, 70 μm, FR-4, mixed PTH/SMT
|产品型号||供货状态||封装||等级规格||符合RoHS级别||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.