The STEVAL-IPFC01V1 3 kW interleaved PFC reference design is based on the STNRGPF01 digital controller and includes a separate power board, control board and programming board. The STNRGPF01 is a digital configurable ASIC developed by STMicroelectronics, which can drive up to three channels in an interleaved PFC for industrial applications.
The STNRGPF01 digital controller on the control board implements mixed signal (analog/digital) average current mode control in CCM at fixed frequency. The analog section ensures cycle-by-cycle current regulation, while digital control manages the non-time critical operations. You can use the eDesignSuite software available on the ST website to configure the STNRGPF01 to satisfy the specifications of each interleaved PFC.
- Input voltage range: 90 to 265 VAC
- Line frequency range: 47 to 63 Hz
- Maximum output power: 3 kW at 230 V
- Output voltage: 400 V
- Power factor: > 0.98 at 20% load
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <5% at 20% load
- Mixed-signal average current mode control, CCM fixed frequency operation
- Switching Frequency: 111 kHz
- Cycle-by-cycle regulation (analog current control loop)
- Input voltage and load feed-forwards
- Phase shedding
- Burst-mode operation
- Overvoltage protection
- Thermal protection
- Status indicator LEDs
- Inrush current limiter function
- Cooling function
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.