The STEVAL-ISA172V2 is a 2 kW fully digital switch mode AC-DC converter consisting of two power sections: a two phase interleaved power factor corrector (PFC) and a DC-DC phase-shifted full-bridge converter, controlled by a STM32F334 microcontroller for each section.
The interleaved PFC comprises two boost converters operating with 180° out of phase, based on 600 V MDmesh M2 Power MOSFETs. The downstream section comprises of a DC-DC phase-shifted full-bridge converter based on MDmesh DM2 Power MOSFETs and performing voltage step down using HF transformer, with a primary to secondary ratio chosen to maintain high enough efficiency and regulation over the entire operating range.
On the primary side the transformer is supplied by the full-bridge converter and switching losses are reduced thanks to zero voltage switching (ZVS) operation.
On the secondary side synchronous rectification (SR) is used to ensure low conduction losses. The output voltage waveform is rectified by STripFET Power MOSFETs and then smoothed by the output filter.
- Input AC voltage: 90 V to 264 V
- Output voltage: 48 V or 52 V, Max output current: 42 A
- Input AC frequency: 45 Hz to 65 Hz
- Nominal output power: 2 kW
- Interleaved PFC stage
- PFC switching frequency: 60 kHz
- PFC Average current mode control
- Cycle by cycle PFC current control
- Maximum power factor: 0.99
- DC-DC stage: full-bridge phase-shifted ZVS with synchronous rectification
- DC-DC switching frequency: 100 kHz
- Overall efficiency: 80 PLUS Platinum level
- HF transformer isolation voltage: 4 kV
- Forced cooling with air flow speed modulation according to the output power
- Over-temperature protection
- Output short-circuit protection
- PFC control & DC-DC control: managed by STM32F334C8
- PFC power stage based on MDmesh M2 Power MOSFETs and SiC Diodes
- DC-DC power stage based on MDmesh DM2 Power MOSFETs
- Synchronous rectification based on STripFET Power MOSFETs
- Active clamp circuit based on MDmesh DM2 Power MOSFETs
- EMC filter for noise reduction
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.