The STEVAL-ISA187V1 is a product evaluation board based on the ST synchronous step-down switching regulator A6985F, which can deliver up to 0.5 A and, with its 100% duty cycle ability to withstand cold crank events and wide input operating voltage range, represents the ideal choice for battery-powered automotive systems. Synchronous rectification helps achieve higher efficiency at full load as well as application compactness, while high-frequency switching (programmable up to 2 MHz) helps reduce the cost and size of power passive components while remaining outside the AM band.
The device can operate in low consumption mode (LCM), with a quiescent current of 30 μA at VIN=12 V and VOUT= 3.3 V that ensures high efficiency under light load, which is a requirement in typical car body applications that are active when a car is parked. A low noise mode (LNM) can be selected to meet the requirements of infotainment applications with forced PWM mode under all load conditions. The default board configuration is LCM active, 2 MHz switching frequency, high ISKIP current and the switchover feature enabled, but all of these settings can be easily changed so the user can evaluate different application scenarios.
- AECQ100 qualification
- 0.5 A DC output current
- 4 V to 38 V operating input voltage
- Low consumption mode or low noise mode
- Programmable ISKIP current
- 30 μA IQ at light load (LCM VIN = 12 V and VOUT =3.3 V)
- 8 μA IQ-SHTDWN
- Adjustable fSW (250 kHz - 2 MHz)
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.85 V to VIN
- Embedded output voltage supervisor
- Adjustable soft-start time
- Internal current limiting
- Overvoltage protection
- Output voltage sequencing
- Peak current mode architecture
- RDS(on)HS = 360 mΩ; RDS(on)LS = 150 mΩ
- Thermal shutdown
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.