The STEVAL-ISF003V1 evaluation board allows the inrush-current which charges a DC bus capacitor to be limited to comply with the IEC 61000-3-3 standard. This inrush-current limitation is based on a soft-start procedure of the mixed bridge diodes and SCRs rectifier using progressive phase control at board start-up.
This solution can also drastically reduce standby losses as the DC bus can be totally disconnected from the AC mains when it does not have to operate. DC bus deactivation is simply achieved by turning off SCRs, without requiring an additional relay to open the circuit in standby.
The steady-state losses are also reduced, thanks to the removal of the NTC / PTC resistor traditionally used to limit inrush-current. Therefore, no relay is required to bypass this resistor as it is no longer used.
- Fully electronic solution without the need for an inrush current limiter resistor and its bulky bypass electromechanical relay
- DC bus disconnection at standby to reduce losses below 0.3 W
- Inrush current compliance with IEC61000-3-3
- Operation allowed with PFC (continuous or discontinuous)
- Compliant with EN 55015, IEC 61000-4-11
- Criteria A at 4 kV IEC 61000-4-5 and at 4 kV IEC 61000-4-4
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。