The ST485A is a low power, high speed transceiver for RS-485 and RS-422 communications. The device contains one driver and one receiver in half duplex configuration. The ST485A draws 3 mA (typ.) of supply current when unloaded or fully loaded with disabled drivers. It operates from a single 5 V supply.
Driver is short-circuit current limited and is protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that place the driver outputs into a high-impedance state. The receiver input has a fail-safe feature that guarantees a logic high output if both inputs are open circuit.
The ST485A is designed for bi-directional data communications or multipoint bus transmission lines.
- Latch-up free up to 500 mA
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- Operate from single 5 supply
- 70mV typical input hysteresis
- Low supply current: 5 mA max
- Designed for RS 485 interface applications
- High data rate > 30 Mbps
- Driver maintains high impedance in 3-state or with the power off
- ±4 kV ESD protection
- -7 to 12 common mode input voltage range
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.