The STNRGPF12 digital controller is designed for interleaved PFC boost topologies and intended for use in high power applications.
It features a digital inrush current control implemented with a solid state solution based on a silicon controlled rectifier. The controller can drive up to 2 interleaved channels.
The device works in CCM at fixed frequency with average current mode control, in applications based on a mixed signal (analog/digital) architecture.
The controller can be configured through a dedicated software tool (eDesignSuite) to match a wide range of specific applications. The tool generates a full schematic including a complete list of material and the final binary object code (FW) to be downloaded to the IC.
- Digital inrush current limiter function
- Interleaved PFC digital controller
- Two interleaved channels PFC
- Continuous conduction mode
- Fixed frequency operation
- Average current mode control
- Mixed signal architecture
- Soft start-up management
- Burst mode support
- Load feed forward
- Input voltage feed forward
- Channel current balance function
- Programmable phase shedding
- Status indicator signaling for cooling system, PFC Fault and PFC OK
- Configurable driver by means of dedicated graphic tool
- Programmable fast overcurrent and thermal protection
- Serial communication port available for:
- Device programming;
- Monitoring of the PFC parameters
- Suitable for >600 W applications:
- Welding, air conditioner
- Industrial motors
- UPS, chargers, high power systems
- Customizable firmware
- Configuration via eDesign suite
- Embedded memory
- Program memory: 32 Kbytes flash
- Data retention 15 years at 85 °C after 10 kcycles at 25 °C
- Data memory: 1 Kbyte true data E2PROM; data retention: 15 years at 85 °C after 100 kcycles at 85 °C
- Flash and E2PROM with read while write (RWW) and error correction code (ECC)
- RAM: 6 Kbytes
- Communication interfaces
- UART asynchronous protocol for bootloader support and monitoring of the PFC parameters
- Operating temperature: -40 °C up to 105 °C
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.