The L7987L device is a step-down monolithic switching regulator able to deliver up to 2 A DC. The output voltage adjustability ranges from 0.8 V to almost VIN. The embedded switchover feature on the VBIAS pin maximizes the efficiency at light load. The adjustable current limitation, designed to select the inductor RMS current accordingly with the nominal output current, and the high switching frequency capability make the size of the application compact. Pulse-by-pulse current sensing with digital frequency foldback implements an effective constant current protection over the different application conditions. The peak current foldback decreases the stress of the power components in heavy short-circuit condition. The PGOOD open collector output can also implement output voltage sequencing during the power-up phase. Multiple devices can be synchronized sharing the SYNCH pin to prevent beating noise in low noise applications like sensors with A/D conversion.
- 2 A DC output current
- 4.5 V to 61 V operating input voltage
- RDS,ON = 300 mΩ typ.
- Adjustable fSW (250 kHz - 1.5 MHz)
- Low IQ-SHD (11 μA typ. from VIN)
- Low IQ (1 mA typ. - VIN 24 V - VOUT 3.3 V)
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.8 V to VIN
- Adjustable soft-start time
- Adjustable current limitation
- Advanced bootstrap capacitor management for LDO operation
- VBIAS improves efficiency at light load
- PGOOD open collector output
- Output voltage sequencing
- Digital frequency foldback in short-circuit
- Peak current foldback in short-circuit
- Auto-recovery thermal shutdown
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.