The VNI2140J is a monolithic device designed using STMicroelectronics' VIPower technology. The device drives two independent resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active current limitation prevents a drop in system power supply in cases of shorted-load, and built-in thermal shutdown protects the chip from damage due to overtemperature and short-circuit. In overload conditions, channel turns OFF and ON automatically to maintain the junction temperature between TTSD and TR. If the case temperature reaches TCSD, the overloaded channel is turned OFF and restarts only when case temperature decreases down to TCR. In order to avoid high-peak current from the supply, when more than one channel is overloaded the TCSD restart is not simultaneous. Non overloaded channels continue to operate normally. The open-drain diagnostics output indicates overtemperature conditions and open-load in off state.
- Nominal current: 0.5 A per channel
- Shorted-load protections
- Junction overtemperature protection
- Case overtemperature protection for thermal independence of the channels
- Thermal case shutdown restart not simultaneous for the various channels
- Protection against loss of ground
- Current limitation 1 A per channel
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Open-load in off-state and short to VCC detection
- Open-drain diagnostic outputs
- 3.3 V CMOS/TTL compatible inputs
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads
- Conforms to IEC 61131-2
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.