The VNI4140K is a monolithic device made using STMicroelectronics VIPower technology, intended to drive four independent resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active current limitation avoids dropping the system power supply in case of shorted load. Built-in thermal shutdown protects the chip from overtemperature and short-circuit. In overload conditions, channel turns OFF and back ON automatically so to maintain junction temperature between TTSD and TR. If this condition makes case temperature reach TCSD, overloaded channel is turned OFF and restart only when case temperature has decreased down to TCR. In case of more than one channel in overload, restart of the overloaded channels is not simultaneous, in order to avoid high peak current from the supply. Non-overloaded channels continue operating normally. The open drain diagnostics outputs indicate overtemperature conditions.
- Output current: 0.7 A per channel
- Shorted load protections
- Junction overtemperature protection
- Case overtemperature protection for thermal independence of the channels
- Thermal case shutdown restart not simultaneous for the various channels
- Protection against loss of ground
- Current limitation
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Open drain diagnostic outputs
- 3.3 V CMOS/TTL compatible inputs
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads
- Conforms to IEC 61131-2
- ESD according to IEC 61000-4-2 up to +/- 25 kV
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.