The HVLED007 is a current-mode PFC controller specific for isolated high power factor, flyback converters operated in transition mode (aka quasi-resonant operation). Targeting both indoor and outdoor solid-state lighting applications, it provides extended temperature range operation down to -40 °C with guaranteed electrical specification.
The main feature of this IC is a special circuit (Input Current Shaper, ICS), that enables High-PF quasi-resonant flyback converters to draw a theoretically sinusoidal input current from the power line, unlike the traditional control.
In practice, with little effort it is possible to achieve a total distortion of the input current (THD) lower than 10% at full load and lower than 20% at 30% load over the entire input voltage range.
The IC is provided with a control input intended for being driven by the phototransistor of an optocoupler to close a secondary-regulated isolated control loop. However, with the addition of a simple external circuitry it can be used to close a primary-regulated voltage loop as well.
The HVLED007 includes protection features to handle overload, short-circuit and overvoltage conditions.
The totem-pole output stage, capable of 600 mA source and 800 mA sink current, is suitable for big MOSFET drives which, combined with the other features, makes the device an excellent low-cost solution for EN61000-3-2 compliant SMPS up to 100 W.
- Transition-mode (quasi-resonant) control of flyback PFC pre-regulators
- Proprietary input current shaper for minimum THD of line current
- Control input for isolated feedback and optocoupler driving
- Output overvoltage protection
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- Low (≤ 60 μA) start-up current and low (≤ 4 ma) quiescent current
- Digital leading-edge blanking on current sense
- -600/+800 mA totem pole gate driver with UVLO pull-down and voltage clamp
- SO8 package
Watch the ALED1262ZT video, an automotive-grade 12-Channel LED Driver for advanced rear lighting solutions
The smart way to design your application
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。