The TCPP01-M12 (type-C port protection) is a single chip solution for USB type-C port protection that facilitates the migration from USB legacy connectors type-A or type-B to USB type-C connectors. The TCPP01-M12 features 22 V tolerant ESD protection as per IEC61000-4-2 level 4 on USB type-C connector configuration channel (CC) pins. For a safe and reliable USB type-C implementation, the TCPP01-M12 provides overvoltage protection on CC1 and CC2 pins when these pins are subjected to short circuit with the VBUS pin that may happen when removing the USB type-C cable from its receptacle. For sink applications, TCPP01-M12 triggers an external N-MOSFET on VBUS line when a defective power source applies a voltage higher than selected OVP threshold. Also, the TCPP01-M12 integrates a “dead battery” management logic that is compliant with the latest USB power delivery specification. The power supply of the TCPP01-M12 for sink applications operated with a battery can be provided by an MCU 3.3 V GPIO in order to drop the power consumption in “cable not attached” condition down to 0 nA. This low power mode will extend the battery operating life when no source equipment is attached.
The TCPP01-M12 can also be used to protect source (provider) applications, and it can support programmable power supply feature from the USB-C power delivery specification.
- VBUS overvoltage protection, adjustable from 5 V up to 22 V, with external N-channel MOSFET
- 6.0 V overvoltage protection (OVP) on CC lines against short-to-VBUS
- System-level ESD protection for USB type-C connector pins (CC1, CC2), compliant with IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 (±8 kV contact discharge, ±15 kV air discharge)
- Integrated gate driver and charge pump for an external N-channel MOSFET, (featuring lower RDSON than a P-channel MOSFET) for low BOM cost
- Null quiescent current when no USB charging cable is attached for battery-operated "consumer/sink" applications
- Integrated “dead battery” (RD resistors)
- Over temperature protection (OTP)
- Operating junction temperature from -40°C to 85°C
- Complies with the latest USB type-C and USB power delivery standards
- Compliant with programmable power supply (PPS)
- Open-drain fault reporting
- ECOPACK2 compliant
- USB-IF certification as power sinking device with TID: 3036 on X-Nucleo-USBPDM1 and Nucleo-STM32G071RB
An easy way to safely migrate from USB micro-B to USB-C using TCPP01-M12 for STM32-based applications.
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。
|产品型号||从分销商订购||从ST订购||供货状态||Breakdown Voltage (V) (min)||Directionality||封装||包装类型||ECCN (US)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|TCPP01-M12|| 4 distributors |
|24||Uni-Directional||QFN12||Tape And Reel||EAR99||MALAYSIA||0.403 / 100|
Breakdown Voltage (V) (min)24
Tape And Reel
Budgetary Price (US$)* / Qty
0.403 / 100
Country of Origin