The TCPP01-M12 (type-C port protection) is a single chip solution for USB type-C port protection that facilitates the migration from USB legacy connectors type-A or type-B to USB type-C connectors. The TCPP01-M12 features 22 V tolerant ESD protection as per IEC61000-4-2 level 4 on USB type-C connector configuration channel (CC) pins. For a safe and reliable USB type-C implementation, the TCPP01-M12 provides overvoltage protection on CC1 and CC2 pins when these pins are subjected to short circuit with the VBUS pin that may happen when removing the USB type-C cable from its receptacle. For sink applications, TCPP01-M12 triggers an external N-MOSFET on VBUS line when a defective power source applies a voltage higher than selected OVP threshold. Also, the TCPP01-M12 integrates a “dead battery” management logic that is compliant with the latest USB power delivery specification. The power supply of the TCPP01-M12 for sink applications operated with a battery can be provided by an MCU 3.3 V GPIO in order to drop the power consumption in “cable not attached” condition down to 0 nA. This low power mode will extend the battery operating life when no source equipment is attached.
The TCPP01-M12 can also be used to protect source (provider) applications, and it can support programmable power supply feature from the USB-C power delivery specification.
- Overvoltage protection on VBUS, adjustable up to 22 V, with external N-channel MOSFET
- 6.0 V overvoltage protection (OVP) on CC lines against short-to-VBUS
- System-level ESD protection for USB type-C connector pins (CC1, CC2), compliant with IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 (±8 kV contact discharge, ±15 kV air discharge)
- Integrated charge pump to control the gate of an external N-channel MOSFET (which features a lower RDSON than a P-channel MOSFET)
- Null quiescent current when no USB charging cable is attached for battery-operated "consumer/sink" applications
- Integrated “dead battery” (RD resistors)
- Over temperature protection (OTP)
- Operating junction temperature from -40°C to 85°C
- Complies with the latest USB type-C and USB power delivery standards
- Compliant with programmable power supply (PPS) as defined in latest USB PD specification
- Open-drain fault reporting
- ECOPACK2 compliant
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。