The FingerTip family of touch controllers provides an optimal mix of low power, small size, low external part counts and versatile features. With unmatched true multi-touch performance, it’s a powerful single chip solution for thin, flexible, embedded touch panels.
ST’s latest touch screen controllers enable advanced features to support the latest active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) displays. It promises more power savings and extended runtimes in smartphones with faultless detection.
ST’s touch screen controllers are optimized for AMOLED display panels for smartphones, tablets, foldable and rollable phones.
ST’s FingerTip technology supports advanced features thanks to the multimode sensing technology. Supported features include gloves, thick cover, water, custom gestures, grip rejection, proximity detection, force sensing and fast report rate for gaming applications.
FingerTip’s main processor implements a powerful 32-bit Arm Cortex®-M4 core with SIMD DSP features. It provides a high level of overall touch performance and can detect, classify, and track as many as 10 finger touches at once.
The FingerTip portfolio of touch screen controllers includes:
The FingerTip FTG2-SLP provides an optimal mix of low power, small size, low external part counts and versatile features with unmatched true multi-touch performance in a single-chip touchscreen controller for thin flexible embedded display-touch panels.
- Compatible with the latest thin flexible flat or curved panels
- Works with low-temperature polycrystalline oxide (LTPO) display panels for power-saving features
Advanced analog front end (AFE)
- Leading-edge AFE techniques ensure faultless acquisition and provide large dynamic range to suit various panel stack-ups. The proprietary differential architecture maximizing the immunity against common mode noise and hence SNR is secured.
- High signal-to-noise ratio provides robustness against display noise, wireless charger noise and various external noise sources.
Low power consumption
- ST proprietary low-power techniques and special hibernate mode ensure ultralow power consumption for maximizing battery life
- FingerTip supports active stylus on both phone and foldable
Fast report rate
- Up to 300Hz report rate for extremely fast response time and enhanced gaming experience
- Support for independent tracking with up to 10 simultaneous touches in real time provides full flexibility to implement advanced touch features for better user experience
Multimode sensing technology
- Water rejection, wet finger tracking and multi-finger glove recognition for the most advanced touch detection
- Ability to detect specific customized gestures to exit idle mode as a power-saving feature
- Synchronous and asynchronous modes of operation enable dynamic refresh rates, making FingerTip compatible even with quad high definition (QHD) displays
SPI, I2C, and I3C interfaces
- Ensures compatibility with majority of application host interface in the market