On-line workshop with practical hands-on training classes covering 3-phase BLDC motor control using the STM32 Motor Control SDK v5.x and TrueStudio toolchain.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers interested in BLDC motor control
- Engineers looking for easy and fast way to start FOC motor control applications
- Engineers who wish to fine-tune their motor’s control
Benefits you will take away
- Characterize a three-phase BLDC motor
- Overview of latest ST products and their Ecosystem for Motor Control
- Practical quick and easy development of Motor Control drives
- How to move smoothly from motor drive evaluation to further project development
On line course concept
- Course is provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Introduction & Hardware getting started
Lab 1: Quick hands-on to test of used hardware
- ST Motor Profiler
Lab 2: Automating Characterization of Three Phase BLDC Motor with the Motor Profiler
- ST Motor Control Workbench
Lab 3: Motor Control Workbench flow with STM32CubeMX and STM32 TrueSTUDIO
- Motor Control application tuning
Lab 4: How to Control and Tune your motor using the Motor Control Workbench and its Monitor
- ST Motor Control FOC library & STM32CubeMX
Lab 5: Using Motor Control library API’s
Lab 6: Integration of additional IP’s to your Motor Control project using STM32CubeMX
- NUCLEO-F303RE board
- X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 evaluation board
- USB cable -> USB 2.0 A Male to Mini USB
- 3phase motor (i.e. Gimbal GBM2804-100T)
- AD/DC power supply 12VDC @1.5A
- Laptop with preinstalled software available in dedicated installation file.
STM32CubeMX is part of the STM32Cube initiative designed to simplify and accelerate the development of applications for STM32 microcontrollers. STM32CubeMX offers the possibility to generate C projects using embedded software offers packages like CMSIS-Pack compliant software packs. Starting with the 6.0.0 revision, STM32CubeMX is delivered with STM32PackCreator, an STM32 pack creation graphical companion tool, whose main purpose is the creation of software packs.
The STEVAL-DPSTPFC1 3.6 kW bridgeless totem pole boost circuit achieves a digital power factor correction (PFC) with inrush current limiter (ICL). It helps you to design an innovative topology with the latest ST power kit devices: a silicon carbide MOSFET (SCTW35N65G2V), a thyristor SCR (TN3050H-12WY), an isolated FET driver (STGAP2S) and a 32-bit MCU (STM32F334).
Person Presence Detection is one of the demo available in our new FP-AI-VISION1 function pack. Running on STM32H7 and STM32L4 this demo shows you how wide is the panel of Artificial Intelligence applications you can develop on STM32 thanks to STM32Cube.AI