The training first covers the general basics of BLDC/PMSM motors and their drive using Field Oriented Control (FOC). The training is covering the FOC control method and its implementation on STM32, including the different current sensing methods, sensors and sensor less topologies and other dedicated functions which are part of the STM32 motor control library. All theoretical presentations are combined with practical hands-on examples using the Motor Control Starter Kits, GUI, motor control libraries and real motors.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking to better understand and implement the validation process for motor control applications
- Engineers looking for tips and tricks to improve their motor control designs
- Engineers who wish to fine-tune their motor’s PI controller and increase efficiency
Benefits you will take away
- You will learn about the common BLDC/PMSM motor types.
- You will first familiarize yourself with the Field Oriented Control basics and its implementation on STM32.
- You will practice the tools and motor control libraries of ST solutions.
On line course concept
- This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- BLDC/PMSM motors basics
- FOC drive theory
- STM32 general overview
- STM32 FOC implementation (sensorless algorithms, state observers)
- STM32 FOC library
- Motor Profiler, High Frequency Injection (HFI), OTF
- Tools, Starter kit, GUI
- Hands-on sessions
- Complete set of materials and software tools to be installed on MS Windows based system (7 or newer) are available within installation pack.
The STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 (SensorTile.box) is a ready-to-use box kit with wireless IoT and wearable sensor platform to help you use and develop apps based on remote motion and environmental sensor data, regardless of your level of expertise.
Learn how ST’s low-voltage power MOSFETs can help you to solve your EMI/EMC issues in motor control applications