The training first covers the general basics of BLDC/PMSM motors and their drive using Field Oriented Control (FOC). The training is covering the FOC control method and its implementation on STM32, including the different current sensing methods, sensors and sensor less topologies and other dedicated functions which are part of the STM32 motor control library. All theoretical presentations are combined with practical hands-on examples using the Motor Control Starter Kits, GUI, motor control libraries and real motors.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking to better understand and implement the validation process for motor control applications
- Engineers looking for tips and tricks to improve their motor control designs
- Engineers who wish to fine-tune their motor’s PI controller and increase efficiency
Benefits you will take away
- You will learn about the common BLDC/PMSM motor types.
- You will first familiarize yourself with the Field Oriented Control basics and its implementation on STM32.
- You will practice the tools and motor control libraries of ST solutions.
On line course concept
- This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- BLDC/PMSM motors basics
- FOC drive theory
- STM32 general overview
- STM32 FOC implementation (sensorless algorithms, state observers)
- STM32 FOC library
- Motor Profiler, High Frequency Injection (HFI), OTF
- Tools, Starter kit, GUI
- Hands-on sessions
- Complete set of materials and software tools to be installed on MS Windows based system (7 or newer) are available within installation pack.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32H747I-DISCO Discovery kit is a complete demonstration and development platform for STMicroelectronics STM32H747XIH6 microcontroller, designed to simplify user application development.