STM32WB Firmware Update Over the Air (FUOTA)
STM32 goes wireless: BLE IoT for all!
This MOOC demonstrates how to update STM32WB code using different tools and techniques.
What is the STM32WB?
The STM32WB55xx multi-protocol wireless and ultra-low-power devices embed a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG specification v5.0 and with IEEE 802.15.4-2011. They contain a dedicated Arm® Cortex® -M0+ for performing all the real-time low layer operation.
The STM32WB55xx constitute a family of microcontrollers with different memory sizes, packages and peripherals.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking for more information about our STM32WB microcontrollers
- Engineers interested in programming STM32WB microcontrollers using standard interfaces, build in bootloaders and over the air
Benefits you will take away
- Hands-on exercise where you will exercise STM32WB software update techniques
- Hands-on exercise with usage STM32 dedicated tools for current consumption measurement
On line course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises
- This course takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency
- STM32WB marketing update
- STM32WB Firmware Update Over the Air (FUOTA) principle
- Hands-on 1 – RF Stack, Firmware Update Services (FUS) update, USB Device Firmware Update (DFU)
- Hands-on 2 – Firmware Update Over the Air (FUOTA) of user application
- Hands-on 5 – Current consumption using X-NUCLEO-LPM01A dedicated board and STM32CubeMonitor-Power application
- You need to have a good understanding of embedded system development and programing in C
- The P-NUCLEO-WB55 pack is required for the hands-on exercises included in the course
- 2x microUSB cable
- PC with preinstalled the following software (all available within Euro_2019_WB_V1.zip):
- STM32Cube Programmer
- Any Terminal application
- ST Virtual COM port drivers
- STM32CubeMonitor-RF V2.3.0-S3904 (available within link from Materials section)
- STM32CubeMonitor-Power V1.0.3
- PowerShield „X-NUCLEO-LPM01A“
- 2x Jumper wires Female-Female (to connect P-NUCLEO-WB55 with X-NUCLEO-LPM01A). Please refer to Lab 5 video for more details
- Smartphone with Bluetooth v4.2 and with Android or iOS operating system with preinstalled ST BLE Sensor application v4.4.1 or newer (available in AppStore and GooglePlay)
- You can download complete set of slides, exercises, documentation from this link.
Discover the ST’s discrete STPOWER IGBT series, tailored to target a large range of industrial applications, with a particular focus on induction heating applications.
Efficient Power Delivery for Modern Data Center