STM32WB workshop MOOC
STM32 goes wireless: BLE IoT for all!
This MOOC provides basic information about STM32WB MCU line, with its hardware and software tools introduction and multiple hands-on session. Within the course, there is an introduction to BLE theory and its implementation within STM32WB stack.
What is the STM32WB?
The STM32WB55xx multi-protocol wireless and ultra-low-power devices embed a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG specification v5.0 and with IEEE 802.15.4-2011. They contain a dedicated Arm® Cortex® -M0+ for performing all the real-time low layer operation.
The STM32WB55xx constitute a family of microcontrollers with different memory sizes, packages and peripherals.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking for more information about our STM32WB microcontrollers
- Engineers interested in BLE network creation with STM32WB devices
- Engineers looking to design applications using a user-friendly development ecosystem
Benefits you will take away
- Capability to decide whether the STM32WB device and its ecosystem is matching your BLE end product
- Getting familiar with the BLE terminology and basics necessary for BLE and product developers
- Be capable to prototype a BLE application with usage of dedicated hardware and software tools dedicated to STM32WB MCU line
On line course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
- This course takes approximately 5 to 6 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Overview of the STM32WB platform including its key features, main benefits and development ecosystem
- Introduction to Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) specification and main features
- Demonstration (with dedicated hands-on part) of existing software tools dedicated to STM32WB
- Presentation of STM32WB hardware designs specifics
- Demonstration of additional STM32WB based networks (Mesh, Thread, Piconet)
- Hands-on experience with real-life application scenarios and operating modes:
- Adding BLE functionality using STM32CubeMX code generator
- Modification of existing BLE profile (profile customization)
- 128x32 OLED LCD display (“white version”)
- Four 2.54mm pitch jumpers
- 1x microUSB cable
- PC with Windows 7 (of more recent) operating system with Java JRE v8 (v1.80.0_191 or newer) with preinstalled STM32WB_workshop_package_V2.1.exe
- A smartphone (iOS 7+ or Android 5.0+) with Bluetooth v4.x and preinstalled ST BLE Sensor application (v4.1.2 or newer)
- Charger for smartphone (nice to have)
Discover the ST’s discrete STPOWER IGBT series, tailored to target a large range of industrial applications, with a particular focus on induction heating applications.
Efficient Power Delivery for Modern Data Center