ST25 NFC / RFID: simply more connected
Learn how to implement in-application programming (IAP) for your applications via NFC.
This MOOC shows you how to perform wireless parametrization, diagnosis and firmware updates using ST25 NFC dynamic tags.
What is NFC technology?
Currently found in contactless payment, access control and public transport ticketing systems, NFC technology is a convenient, always-on zero-power short-range wireless link that is driving the growth for convenient pairing, diagnostic readout, data tracking, and parameter setting use cases in Consumer, Industrial, Automotive and Medical applications.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking for a robust and low-cost IAP solution for industrial and embedded applications
- Engineers who wish to better understand NFC technology and its fast transfer mode
- Engineers looking for real-life examples of IAP in an industrial application via NFC
Benefits you will take away
- Understanding of how you can build your own NFC interface to wirelessly set parameters, perform diagnostics and update firmware
- Hands-on exercises focusing on using the STM32 ecosystem to implement IAP in your application via an NFC interface
- Tips and tricks on how IAP via NFC can improve your system’s performance
Online course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
- Each course takes approximately 1 hour to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Overview of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology and ST's range of NFC solutions.
- Presentation of how industrial applications can benefit from a low-cost NFC interface, especially for in-application programming (IAP).
- Real-life examples of the use of an NFC interface and its associated ecosystem in industrial and embedded applications.
- Hands-on experience with real-life application scenarios and operating modes using the STM32 microcontroller environment.
- Putting together a complete IAP via NFC solution
In addition to having a good understanding of embedded system development, the following is required for the hands-on exercises included in the course:
- ST25DV Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC Discovery kit (ST25DV-DISCOVERY)
- ST25R3911B high performance HF reader / NFC initiator Discovery kit (ST25R3911B-DISCO) (Optional)
- PC with administration rights with the following software installed:
- PC software installer (STSW-ST25R001)
- NFC enabled phone with Android OS with ST25 Demo application installed
- Two Type-A to Micro-B USB connector cables