Real-time Ethernet (PROFINET / Ethernet/IP) + OPC Unified Architecture: netX companion chip/module for STM32-based Industrial IoT applications
Join us for a 1-hour webinar to learn how Hilscher’s hardware and software can easily be integrated in STM32-based projects.
Hosted by Hilscher, an ST Authorized Partner, this webinar presents a solution to combine the functionalities of OPC UA Server with Real-time Ethernet Protocols like PROFINET and EtherNet/IP. This Industrial IoT solution (IIoT), consisting of hardware and software, connects your field-level devices to the IoT world.
An expert in Real-Time Ethernet and Fieldbus Technology , Hilscher offers multi-protocol communication technology for device manufacturers and system integrators, providing a one-stop shop for hardware, like SoCs, modules, or gateways, and related software, such as protocol stacks and engineering tools.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What are the benefits of OPC UA protocol on field-level devices
- The available hardware options, based on ST’s STM32 microcontrollers and Hilscher’s netX 90 industrial communication SoC
- The structure, features, and interfaces of the OPC UA Communication Firmware
- How to define your OPC UA information model by using the Hilscher configuration tool
Key features & benefits of the solution:
- Tiny, cost- and energy-efficient companion SoC or hardware module for STM32 MCUs
- Can run multiple protocols: PROFINET, EthernetIP, EtherCAT, POWERLINK, Modbus TCP, and others…
- Monolithic communication firmware, including real-time ethernet protocol stack, webserver and OPC UA server
- Dedicated CPU for communication stack with simple API over SPI, no need for library integration
- CommunicationSTUDIO Engineering tool for OPC UA Server configuration and information model definition
There will be a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar where ST’s and Hilscher’s experienced engineers will be available to answer your questions.
Dirk Fischer is Product Manager for Software at Hilscher since 2020. Prior to that, Dirk was responsible for the application engineering and support team for 6 years. He holds a degree in Electrical Engineering and used to work as a Digital Design- and Technical Marketing-Engineer for microcontrollers at the semiconductor companies Fujitsu Microelectronics and Infineon.
Loïc Chossat is a Senior Marketing Manager, responsible for Embedded Software partners around STM32 portfolio. He is based in Rousset, France. Thanks to his past experience as Application Engineer, Loic has strong expertise in the field of microcontrollers, from simple 8-bit and high performance 32-bit MCUs to automotive-grade MCUs.