The STA013 is a fully integrated high flexibility MPEG Layer III Audio Decoder, capable of decoding Layer III compressed elementary streams, as specified in MPEG 1 and MPEG 2 ISO standards. The device decodes also elementary streams compressed by using low sampling rates, as specified by MPEG 2.5.
STA013 receives the input data through a Serial Input Interface. The decoded signal is a stereo, mono, or dual channel digital output that can be sent directly to a D/A converter, by the PCM Output Interface. This interface is software programmable to adapt the STA013 digital output to the most common DACs architectures used on the market.
The functional STA013 chip partitioning is described in Fig.1.
- PLL FOR INTERNAL CLOCK AND FOR OUTPUT PCM CLOCK GENERATION
- SERIAL PCM OUTPUT INTERFACE (I2S AND OTHER FORMATS)
- CRC CHECK AND SYNCHRONISATION ERROR DETECTION WITH SOFTWARE INDICATORS
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION: 85mW AT 2.4V
- LOW POWER 3.3V CMOS TECHNOLOGY
- I2C CONTROL BUS
- 10 MHz, 14.31818 MHz, OR 14.7456 MHz EXTERNAL INPUT CLOCK OR BUILT-IN INDUSTRY STANDARD XTAL OSCILLATOR DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES MAY BE SUPPORTED UPON REQUEST TO STM
- SERIAL BITSTREAM INPUT INTERFACE
- DIGITAL BASS & TREBLE CONTROL
- SINGLE CHIP MPEG2 LAYER 3 DECODER SUPPORTING:\t\t
All features specified for Layer III in ISO/IEC 11172-3 (MPEG 1 Audio)\t\t All features specified for Layer III in ISO/IEC 13818-3.2 (MPEG 2 Audio)\t\t Lower sampling frequencies syntax extension, (not specified by ISO) called MPEG 2.5\t\t
- SUPPORTING ALL THE MPEG 1 & 2 SAMPLING FREQUENCIES AND THE EXTENSION TO MPEG 2.5:
48, 44.1, 32, 24, 22.05, 16, 12, 11. 025, 8 KHz\t
- DECODES LAYER III STEREO CHANNELS, DUAL CHANNEL, SINGLE CHANNEL (MONO)
- DIGITAL VOLUME CONTROL
- ANCILLARY DATA EXTRACTION VIA I2C INTERFACE.
- ACCEPTS MPEG 2.5 LAYER III ELEMENTARY COMPRESSED BITSTREAM WITH DATA RATE FROM 8 Kbit/s UP TO 320 Kbit/s
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 44 10x10x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack1 (*)|| |
Package:LQFP 44 10x10x1.4
LQFP 44 10x10x1.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.