The L9390 is a twelve output low side valve driver designed for use in an ABS/ESP vehicle system. All outputs are PWM configurable, while six out of twelve are current regulated. Each of the twelve outputs is open drain configured and has a built-in 35 V clamp. Eight of the twelve have integrated active freewheeling diodes for active rectification of the PWM controlled load.
In order to minimize electromagnetic emissions during load actuation, the possibility to control output slopes is provided.
Two separate communication interfaces are present: the SPI port is primarily designated to provide diagnostics and secondary control. The serial High End Timer interface (HET) provides the primary output control functions from on/off switching to current level control commands.
Diagnostic includes over current protection, under current detection, open load detection, loss of ground detection, loss of freewheeling diode, and over temperature detection, output integrity check, SVDT, leakage current test, PWM integrity and functionality check, valve resistance sense check, loss of freewheeling diode detection and more.
Power supply monitoring is also included.
- Four low side switched output drivers with 0.1 Ω Rds,ONat 25°C
- Possibly configurable as PWM controlled adding external freewheeling diodes
- Two low side PWM controlled output drivers with 0.1 Ω Rds,ON at 25 °C and integrated active freewheeling diodes
- Six low side current controlled output drivers with 0.16 Ω Rds,ONat 25 °C and integrated active freewheeling diodes
- Current accuracy:
- 10% (Iload< 800 mA)
- 6% (Iload> 80 0mA)
- All outputs with integrated 35 V zener clamp
- Five pin SPI port (four standard pins plus additional SPI enable input pin)
- Six serial high speed inputs for output control
- High level diagnostic, including silent valve driver test
- Direct disable of outputs with an external pin
- Programmable jitter frequency of PWM and current controlled outputs
- TQFP100 exposed pad package
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|TQFP 100 14x14x1.0||Automotive||Ecopack2||
Package:TQFP 100 14x14x1.0
TQFP 100 14x14x1.0
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.