The VN5MB02-E is a Smart Power driver for motorbike blinker; it is connected between the battery positive terminal (VCCpin) and a mechanical switch to the right or left side. As soon as the series switch connects the OUT pin to the bulbs, the device begins to turn on/off with a 50% duty cycle.
External low voltage capacitors are needed for supplying the device (CEXT), for stabilizing the internal voltage regulator output (CREG) and for setting the oscillating frequency (CFREQ).
When a low load is detected, output current lower than Idf, flashing frequency is automatically doubled.
The internal current shutdown latches the VN5MB02-E when a heavy overload occurs; thermal limitation reduces the stress on the device if the junction temperature raises (for instance when a soft over current event, not triggering the current latch protection, happens). If the overload condition lasts more than a time tfault, the VN5MB02-E is latched.
- Complete direction indicator in a SMD package
- Double frequency flashing in low load conditions
- High accuracy in setting operating frequency and low load detection
- Maximum current protection with latch
- Reverse battery protected
- Cycle by cycle thermal limitation
- Suitable for load configuration up to 2 x 10 W + 3.4 W
- Open-load detection for FAST line change (patent pending)
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.