STM32CubeMX is a graphical tool that allows a very easy configuration of STM32 microcontrollers and the generation of the corresponding initialization C code through a step-by-step process.
Step one consists in selecting the STMicroelectronics STM32 microcontroller that matches the required set of peripherals.
The user must then configure each required embedded software thanks to a pinout-conflict solver, a clock-tree setting helper, a power-consumption calculator, and an utility performing MCU peripheral configuration (such as GPIO or USART) and middleware stacks (such as USB or TCP/IP).
Finally, the user launches the generation of the initialization C code based on the selected configuration. This code is ready to be used within several development environments. The user code is kept at the next code generation.
STM32CubeMX is delivered within STM32Cube.
- Intuitive STM32 microcontroller selection
- Rich easy-to-use graphical user interface allowing the configuration of:
- Pinout with automatic conflict resolution
- Peripherals and middleware functional modes with dynamic validation of parameter constraints
- Clock tree with dynamic validation of the configuration
- Power sequence with estimated consumption results
- C code project generation covering STM32 microcontroller initialization, compliant with IAR™, Keil®, SW4STM32, and GCC compilers
- Available as standalone software running on Windows®, Linux® and macOS® (macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.) operating systems, or through Eclipse plug-in