The X-NUCLEO-6180A1 expansion board features the VL6180 proximity sensor, based on ST’s FlightSense, Time-of- Flight technology. It is an evaluation board that provides an introduction to the proximity ranging capabilities of the VL6180 module.
The VL6180 is based on patented FlightSense technology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL6180 precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
It is compatible with the STM32 Nucleo board family, and with the Arduino UNO R3 connector layout.
Several ST expansion boards can be superposed through the Arduino connectors, which allows for the development of VL6180 applications with Bluetooth or WiFi interface (for example).
- VL6180 Time-of-Flight (ToF) proximity sensor
- Ranging measurement up to 62 cm
- 4-digit display, displaying the distance of a target from the proximity sensor
- Excellent ranging accuracy, independent of the reflectance of the target
- In order to easily integrate multiple VL6180 devices into customer devices, up to 3 external breakout VL6180 boards can be connected to the expansion board
- Breakout boards can be ordered using the reference VL6180-SATEL
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo board family
- Equipped with ArduinoTM UNO R3 connector
- RoHS compliant.
- Full system software supplied, downloadable from www.st.com/vl6180 in the folder “Tools & Software”
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
The STM32 Open Development Environment is a flexible, easy and affordable way to develop innovative devices and applications. It is based on STM32 Nucleo boards and STM32Cube software.
Recommended for you
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Core Product||Marketing Status||Supplier||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Board production status||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
Distributor availability ofX-NUCLEO-6180A1
Distributor reported inventory date: 2020-08-10