AZURE RTOS FileX features
- FileX has a remarkably small minimal footprint of 8.6KB to 12KB for basic file read/write support. Minimal FileX RAM usage is on the order of 1.8KB for one media instance and with only a 512 byte logical sector cache.
PRE-CERTIFIED BY TUV
- FileX has been certified by SGS-TUV Saar for use in safety-critical systems, according to IEC-61508 SIL 4, IEC-62304 SW Safety Class C, ISO 26262 ASIL D and EN 50128.
- FileX provides a logical sector cache as well as a FAT entry cache. The size of both are under direct control of the application. In addition, FileX provides contiguous cluster allocation and direct consecutive cluster reading and writing. Read/write requests of whole sectors are done directly between the application buffer and the media – i.e., no intermediate buffering is done.
FileX is advanced technology, including the following:
- FAT 12/16/32 and exFAT support
- Multiple partition support
- Automatic scaling
- Endian neutral
- Long file name and 8.3 support
- Optional fault tolerance support
- Logical sector cache
- FAT entry cache
- Pre-allocation of clusters
- Contiguous file support
- Optional performance metrics
- TraceX system analysis support
NOR/NAND WEAR LEVELING (LEVELX)
- LevelX is Express Logic’s NOR/NAND FLASH wear leveling product. LevelX can be used in conjunction with FileX or as a stand-alone, direct read/write FLASH sector library for the application.
- FileX is easy to install, learn, use, debug, verify, certify and maintain. As a result, FileX is one of the most popular FAT file systems for embedded IoT devices.
The following items explain our consistent time-to-market advantage:
- Quality Documentation
- Complete Source Code Availability
- Easy-to-use API
- Comprehensive and Advanced Feature Set
FULL, HIGHEST-QUALITY SOURCE CODE
From the very beginning, FileX was designed to be a commercial grade FAT file system solution distributed with full C source code. Throughout the years, FileX source code has set the bar in quality and ease of understanding. In addition, the convention of having one function per-file, provides for easy source navigation.
Free evaluations and full source evaluations are also available by contacting Express Logic directly.
Product includes a user manual, read me files in most cases, full source code and 3 months of support.
FileX is licensed royalty-free, for the lowest possible manufacturing cost.
We offer a comprensive set of product licenses resonably priced to provide out customers with the best value.
Single Product License
- Enables a manufacturer to make one particular product with one part number. It does not allow for variations in functionality, enhancements, or multiple part numbers.
Single Product - Extended Branding
- Enables a single product to be developed but sold under different part numbers or model names. It does not allow any variation in functionality or performance, simply in product name.
Product Family License
- Enables multiple related products to be developed and sold. They may have different functionality and performance, but must be of the same product type.
- Enables any type of product to be manufactured, as long as it is based on the specified microprocessor. Unlimited variations in functionality, performance, and product name are allowed.
- This license allowsExpress Logic products to be used in a specified OEM product. Express Logic products may be utilized in development and then deployed within a specified OEM product.
|License Type||Commercial with free trial version|
|Supported Devices||STM32F0, STM32F1, STM32F2, STM32F3, STM32F4, STM32F7, STM32H7, STM32L0 , STM32L1, STM32L4|