FP-NET-BLESTAR1 is an STM32Cube function pack which lets you connect your IoT node in a BLE sensor network to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. Sensor data from a device in the BLE star network can be transparently sent to the IBM Watson IoT cloud platform and visualized on a client connected to the cloud.
The software, together with the suggested combination of STM32 and ST devices, can be used, for example, to develop smart home or remote monitoring applications.
The included sample application configures an STM32L4 Discovery Board as a BLE master connected to several BLE peripherals, or nodes, in a star network topology. The BLE central device can simultaneously connect to a Wi-Fi network and export data from other nodes to the IBM Watson IoT cloud platform.
The BLE master also acts as a slave by accepting connection with a BLE client (typically an Android™/iOS™ device) which can be used to monitor and control the BLE network.
- Complete firmware to build applications based on BLE and Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing devices to connect with both BLE-enabled smartphones and tablets, and cloud-based services
- Integrated MQTT protocol middleware for easy access to Watson IoT cloud services provided by IBM
- Sample application for B-L475E-IOT01A Discovery Kit (equipped with X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1) implementing a simultaneous BLE master/slave and Wi-Fi gateway device
- Compatible with BLE sensor nodes implemented using the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1, FP-SNS-FLIGHT1 and FP-SNS-MOTENV1 function packs
- Compatible with the SensNet application for AndroidTM/iOSTM devices to control the BLE star network and to display the data sent by the slave nodes
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms
Something went wrong with the server request. Please try again in a few moments.
Request for software successfully submitted. The approval process may take up to 48 hours. After you have been approved, you should receive a link to the requested software via email.
Unfortunately, the link you clicked didn't work. Don't worry, here are the steps you can take to get your download started:If you still can't download the software, please reach out to us on the ST Community and we will help you
- Ensure you are using the same browser used to made the initial request
- Check that cookies are allowed in your browser
- Update your browser to its latest version
- Please also note that links forwarded by somebody else will not work
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||GitHub link||Download|
|FP-NET-BLESTAR1||STM32Cube function pack for creating a BLE star network connected via Wi-Fi to IBM Watson IoT cloud||2.1.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Recommended for you
Latest from ST
To validate your subscription, please click on the link inside the email that has been sent to you. This link will be valid for 24 hours. Please check your spam filters in case you did not receive the email.
Picture Part number Manufacturer Description X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 ST Bluetooth Low Energy expansion board based on SPBTLE-RF module for STM32 NucleoPart Number
Bluetooth Low Energy expansion board based on SPBTLE-RF module for STM32 Nucleo
Picture Part number Manufacturer Description STBLEStarNet ST BLE star network application for Android and iOSPart Number
BLE star network application for Android and iOS