LoRa is a long-range wireless area network allowing low-power sensors to report over ranges of up to a dozen kilometers.
The I-CUBE-LRWAN Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L0, STM32L1, and STM32L4 Series microcontrollers acting as end-devices.
This package supports the Semtech LoRa radio expansion boards SX1276MB1MAS, SX1276MB1LAS, SX1272MB2DAS and the new generation sx126x mounted on SX1262DVK1DAS, SX1262DVK1CAS and SX1262DVK1BAS.
This package includes an application running on NUCLEO-L053R8, NUCLEO-L073RZ, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG and B-L072Z-LRWAN1 embedding the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa module (Murata).
It also supports a USI LoRaWAN technology module through the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 expansion board (available standalone or included in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2) and the RisingHF modem RHF0M003 mounted on LRWAN-NS1 expansion board available in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3. The application reads sensor data from the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board and sends the sensor data to the LoRa network in class A.
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® specification protocol, named LoRaWAN® version V1.0.3 March 2018
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance TS-003-Application Layer Clock Synchronization V1.0.0
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance TS-004-Fragmented Data Block Transport V1.0.0
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance TS-005-Remote Multicast Setup V1.0.0
- Bidirectional end-devices with class A, class B and class C protocol support
- EU 868 MHz ISM band ETSI (European telecommunications standards institute) compliant
- EU 433 MHz ISM band ETSI compliant
- US 915 MHz ISM band FCC (federal communications commission) compliant
- End-device activation either through OTAA (over-the-air activation) or ABP (activation-by-personalization)
- End-device FUOTA class C mode application running on NUCLEO-L476 RG
- Adaptive data rate support
- LoRaWAN test application for certification tests included
- Low-power optimized
- Full STM32 portfolio compatibility
- Compliant with the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa module from Murata
- Compliant with the WM-SG-SM-42 LoRa module from USI®
- Compliant with the RHF0M003 modem from RisingHF
- Easy secure element integration
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||GitHub link||Download|
|I-CUBE-LRWAN||LoRaWAN software expansion for STM32Cube (UM2073)||1.3.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
We asked Benjamin the following questions: What is FOTA and it's benefits? How can we meet the challenge of FOTA over LoRaWAN? So LoRaWAN FOTA is really happening?
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.