Since its introduction in 1998, µC/OS-II has helped thousands of developers bring innovative products to market. The kernel has been used in a wide range of applications but, because of its incredible reliability, is especially popular in safety-critical fields. Safety-critical products built on µC/OS-II have been certified to some of the software world's most demanding standards, including DO-178B (aerospace), IEC 61508 (industrial controls), and IEC 62304 (medical).
The features of the µC/OS-II kernel include:
- Efficient, preemptive, priority-based scheduler
- Delivered with complete, clean, consistent source code with in-depth documentation.
- Highly scalable with parameters for disabling unneeded services
- Resource-efficient: 5 to 20 kBytes code space, 1+ kByte data space
- Very low interrupt disable time
- Certifiable for safety-critical applications
Evaluation Version: Yes
License type: License
License short description: Multiple royalty-free license models supported