MotionEngine is Hillcrest Labs’ core sensor processing software system and is the product of 15 years of experience developing sensor-based technology and products. MotionEngine is packaged into the application-specific software products described below and powers the BNO and FSM hardware product lines. The software combines high accuracy 6-axis and 9-axis sensor fusion, dynamic sensor calibration, and many application specific features such as cursor control, gesture recognition, activity tracking, context awareness, and AR/VR stabilization to name a few.
MotionEngine software is compatible with the leading embedded processing architectures and operating systems and can be delivered as either a library or a full chip binary with host drivers that dramatically simplify system integration.
The application-specific features are packaged into MotionEngine software products that, when combined with a variety of off-the-shelf inertial and environmental sensors, provide sensor processing solutions for applications that demand the highest accuracy and quality. These are packaged into products for the TV & Remotes, Health & Fitness and Mobile segments and may be customized for large customers.
- 6-Axis and 9-Axis Sensor Fusion
- Dynamic Sensor Calibration
- Magnetic Interference Rejection
- Gyroscope Drift Minimization
- Cursor Control with Single Pixel Accuracy
- Gesture Recognition Engine
- AR/VR Stabilization and Predictive Head Tracking
- Personal Activity Tracking
- Context Awareness
- Orientation, Heading and Acceleration
- Orientation Compensation
- Inertial and Environmental Sensor Support
- Sensor, Operating System and Processor Independence
- MEMS sensors from today’s leading suppliers
- Android™, Linux®, Windows®, macOS®, WebOS™
- ARM, Synopsys, Tensilica processor architectures