The osxMotionMC add-on software package for X-CUBE-MEMS1 software runs on the STM32 and includes drivers that recognize the inertial sensors. It provides real-time magnetometer calibration using hard iron (HI) and scale factor (SF) coefficients to correct magnetometer data.
The osxMotionMC magnetometer calibration algorithm is provided in static library format and is designed to be used in STM32 microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M3 or ARM Cortex-M4 architecture.
It is built on top of the STM32Cube software technology for portability across different STM32 microcontrollers.
The software comes with sample implementations running on the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 (with optional STEVAL-MKI160V1) or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board on a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.
- Real-time magnetometer calibration algorithm (under Open.MEMS license) based exclusively on magnetometer data.
- Complete middleware to build applications on top of X-CUBE-MEMS1.
- Sample application to transmit real time sensor data to a PC.
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube.
- PC-based Windows application to log sensor data.
- Free user-friendly license terms
- Sample implementations for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 (with optional STEVAL-MKI160V1) expansion boards mounted on a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.