This software (SW) enables basic gesture recognition with the VL6180 proximity ToF sensor. The SW is able to detect tap and swipe movements. In addition, if the user puts his finger above the sensor, it becomes a touchless switch. The SW is also able to detect left or right directional swipes, using two sensors.
To use the SW, use a Nucleo expansion board (X-NUCLEO-6180A1), two breakout boards (VL6180-SATEL) for directional swipe recognition, and an STM32 Nucleo board (NUCLEO-F401RE).
The SW is a code example for programming the VL6180, using the API (application programming interface). The SW comes with a zip file containing a user manual that describes how to set up and run the gesture recognition demonstration using one or two sensors.
- Gesture recognition software (SW) code example, using a single Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensor
- Easy mechanical integration
- Battery-operated device possible
- Ready-to-use application code example
- Zip file provided with user manual and code example