The X-CUBE-6180XA1 software package is an expansion for STM32Cube, associated with the X-NUCLEO-6180XA1 expansion board for STM32.
The source code of this package is based on STM32Cube and is aligned with the “Multi-Platform” file & directory structure to ease portability and code sharing across different STM32 MCU families.
The VL6180X is the latest product based on ST’s patented FlightSenseTMtechnology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL6180X precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
- Driver layer (VL6180X API) for complete management of the VL6180X proximity & ambient light sensor (ALS) integrated in theX-NUCLEO-6180XA1 expansion board.
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube.
- Free, user-friendly license terms.
- Example code for ranging and ALS measurement.
- Example code for ranging with multiple VL6180X sensors. Up to 4x VL6180X devices can be controlled using the X-NUCLEO-6180XA1 expansion board equipped with 3x satellites (VL6180X-SATEL).
- Example code of gesture recognition.
VL6180X “Google Hangout"
Gesture, proximity and ambient light sensing module
Recommended for you