The STGAP1AS is a galvanically isolated single gate driver for N-channel MOSFETs and IGBTs with advanced protection, configuration and diagnostic features. The architecture of the STGAP1AS isolates the channel from the control and the low voltage interface circuitry through true galvanic isolation.
The EVALSTGAP1AS board allows evaluating all of the STGAP1AS features while driving a power switch with a voltage rating up to 1500 V. Power switches in both TO-220 or TO-247 packages can be evaluated, and the board allows the connection of a heatsink in order to exploit the ability of the STGAP1AS to handle very high power applications.
In combination with the STEVAL-PCC009V2 communication board and the STGAP1AS evaluation software, the board allows to easily enable, configure or disable all of the driver’s protection and control features through the SPI interface. Advanced diagnostic is also available thanks to the driver’s status registers that can be accessed through the SPI.
Multiple boards can be connected together and share the same logic supply voltage and control signals in order to evaluate half-bridge, interleaved or even more complex topologies. The board allows implementing the SPI daisy chain when more than one device is used.
- High voltage rail up to 1500 V
- 5 A sink/source driver current capability
- 5 A active Miller clamp
- Gate driving voltage up to 36 V
- Negative gate driving ability
- Desaturation detection
- Overcurrent protection
- Output 2-level turn-off (2LTO) UVLO on each supply voltage
- Overtemperature warning and shut-down protection
- 3.3/5 V logic input interface
- Optimized reference layout
- SPI with daisy chain feature for parameters programming and diagnostic
- Suitable to be used in combination with STEVAL-PCC009V2 and configuration GUI
- Fault LED indicators
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.