The IoTize ROAM (IOTZ-ROAM-BLE) modules enable connection of your microcontroller-based electronic system to a smartphone via the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) interface (range: 10 m) and/or Near Field Communication (NFC) interface (range: 3 cm).
IoTize ROAM implementation supports NFC automated wake up and pairing of the BLE interface.
The module connects to your host application via the debug port (SWD protocol) or a simulated debug port (S3P) which uses two available GP I/O pins on the target microcontroller in your system. Debug port implementation is currently possible on any ARM Cortex-based microcontroller. S3P implementation is possible on any microcontroller with Flash memory.
Physical Characteristics :
- The module (dimensions: 35mm x 25 mm x 6 mm) can be physically integrated into a machine/appliance or may be deported to up to one meter from the microcontroller of the target system.
- The module may be encased in an ABS casing for protection. A standard casing (dimensions: 38mm x 35mm x 10mm) is available in ABS material. For customized casings, please email us at contactiotize.com for more information.
Security Features :
- IoTize ROAM supports local security measures at the module level including definition of user profiles (login/password, access rights to specific variables) and encryption of smartphone-to-module communication channel.
- When implementing with simulated debug port (S3P), IoTize supports additional encryption of the communication channel to the microcontroller of your target system and restriction of the accessible memory space.
Smart Phone Application Support :
- Smartphone applications are based on the IoTize Communication Service app for Android Smartphones (Android 4.0.3 or later versions).
- For iOS platforms, please email us at contactiotize.com for more information.
- Applications can be developed as native apps or HTML5/CSS hybrid apps.