The STMPE1600 is a GPIO (general purpose input/output) port expander able to interface a main digital ASIC via the two-line bidirectional bus (I2C). A separate GPIO expander IC is often used in mobile multimedia platforms to solve the problems of the limited amount of GPIOs typically available on the digital engine.
I/O expanders provide a simple solution when additional I/O are needed for several interface functions such as sensors, pushbuttons, LEDs, fans, etc.
The STMPE1600 offers great flexibility as each I/O can be configured as input or output. The device has been designed with very low quiescent current and includes a wakeup feature for each I/O, to optimize the power consumption of the device.
- 16 GPIOs which default to 16 inputs on power-up
- Serial I2C interface (0 to 400 kHz) to the host with noise filter
- Operating voltage 1.65 V - 3.6 V
- I/O voltage 1.65 V - 3.6 V
- Interrupt output pin
- Internal power-on-reset
- Wakeup feature on each I/O
- Up to 8 devices sharing the same bus
- (3 address pins)
- 8 mA current drive/sink on each GPIO at 3.3 V
- < 1μA suspend current
- ESD protection exceeds 2 KV HBM per JESD22-A114
- Latch-up testing exceeding 100 mA
- Package: QFN24 (4 x 4 mm with 0.5 mm pitch)
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.