The LSM6DSM is a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital accelerometer and a 3D digital gyroscope performing at 0.65 mA in high-performance mode and enabling always-on low-power features for an optimal motion experience for the consumer.
The LSM6DSM supports main OS requirements, offering real, virtual and batch sensors with 4 kbyte for dynamic data batching.
ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes.
The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The LSM6DSM has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and an angular rate range of ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
The LSM6DSM fully supports EIS and OIS applications as the module includes a dedicated configurable signal processing path for OIS and auxiliary SPI configurable for both the gyroscope and accelerometer.
High robustness to mechanical shock makes the LSM6DSM the preferred choice of system designers for the creation and manufacturing of reliable products.
The LSM6DSM is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- “Always-on” experience with low power consumption for both accelerometer and gyroscope
- Power consumption: 0.4 mA in combo normal mode and 0.65 mA in combo high-performance mode
- Smart FIFO up to 4 kbyte based on features set
- Android M compliant
- Auxiliary SPI for OIS data output for gyroscope and accelerometer
- Hard, soft ironing for external magnetic sensor corrections
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- SPI & I2C serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Dedicated gyroscope low-pass filters for UI and OIS applications
- Smart embedded functions: pedometer, step detector and step counter, significant motion and tilt
- Standard interrupts: free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Embedded temperature sensor
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
LSM6DSOX IMU embeds a Machine Learning core able to run with only 5 uA, to pre-process and classify information coming from its internal gyro and accelerometer plus up to 4 external sensors to save system-level power since the main MCU can be put in sleep mode for significant amount of time.
A bridge between the sensor on the mother board an your laptop
Recommended for you
Audio and Video
Gaming and Drones
Smart Phones, Tablets and eReaders
Virtual - Augmented Reality
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.