The STM32F413/423 microcontrollers are the entry-level devices to the high-performance STM32F4 series and offer the best balance of dynamic power consumption (in Run mode) and processing performance, while integrating a high number of added-value features in packages as small as 3.951 x 4.039 mm.
The STM32F413/423 MCUs deliver the performance of Cortex®-M4 core with floating point unit, running at 100 MHz, while achieving outstandingly low power consumption values in Run and Stop modes. This performance is even more efficient now that the STM32F413/423 has 2 RAMs and one of them (64-Kbyte SRAM2) is connected through the I/D bus.
With a Batch Acquisition Mode (BAM) optimizing power consumption for data batching, the STM32F413/423 takes Dynamic Efficiency to a new level. This BAM allows exchanging batches of data through communication peripherals while the rest of the device (including the CPU) remains in Power-saving mode.
- Performance: At 100 MHz, the STM32F413/423 delivers 125 DMIPS/339 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states using ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator, and dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption when executing from Flash memory to be as low as 112 µA/MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption can be as low as 18 µA.
- Integration: The STM32F413/F423 devices carry 1024 to 1536 Kbytes of Flash memory and up to 320 Kbytes of SRAM.
Available packages range from 48 to 144 pins.
- 10x USARTs running at up to 12.5 Mbit/s
- 5x SPI (multiplexed with the I²S) running at up to 50 Mbit/s
- 4x I²C interfaces up to 1 Mbit/s
- 3x CAN interfaces (2.0B Active)
- 1x SDIO interface running at up to 48MHz and available on all packages
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG Full-speed (FS) interface
- 2x full-duplex I²S interfaces up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- 3x simplex I²S interface up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- 2x digital filters for sigma delta modulator
- 6x PDM interfaces, stereo microphone support
- 2x 12-bit ADC reaching 2.4 Msample/s
- 14x 16- and 32-bit timers running at up to 100 MHz
- 1 low-power timer available in Stop mode
- True random number generator
As part of our embedded online event, we had the pleasure of filming with Reinhard Keil, a Senior Director of Embedded Tools at ARM.
This video is about the STM32L5, our recently announced ultra-low power microcontroller bringing a new security dimension. The STM32L5 is now in full production and all its ecosystem is available including hardware kits, software tools, firmware and all documentations of course. This is our first STM32 based on Cortex-M33 and its Trustzone and using specific ST security implementation - watch the video to find out more!
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
STM32F4 Access lines: Entry level and still an F4!
The STM32F4 Access lines are made of STM32F401, STM32F410,STM32F411, STM32F412 and STM32F413/423 devices. They are the entry-level STM32F4 microcontrollers for cost-conscious applications requiring performance, energy efficiency, integration and connectivity.
Access lines, but still with performance and power efficiency:
- Performance up to 100 MHz/ 125 DMIPS with dynamic efficiency down to 89 µA/MHz in Run mode
- ST's Adaptive Real Time (ART) accelerator allowing zero-wait execution from embedded Flash memory
- Batch Acquisition Mode (BAM) for Always-on data collection, even when the core is stopped, and dynamic power scaling
- Low-power digital microphone interface for acquisition of up to 6 microphones
Access lines, but still with high integration and compactness:
- Wide memory choice from 128 Kbytes of Flash memory / 32 Kbytes of RAM up to 1.5 Mbyte of Flash memory / 320 Kbytes of RAM
- Smallest Cortex-M4 based device available in the entire STM32 portfolio, down to 2.553 x 2.579 mm
Access lines, but still with rich connectivity:
- Up to 10 UARTs, USB OTG FS, 3xCANs, and up to 5 SPI/I2S interfaces
- LCD parallel interface, 8080/6800 modes
- Quad-SPI and FMC parallel interfaces supporting a large choice of external memory types
Note : To ease your upgrade from STM32F1 designs to STM32F4 access lines, refer to our application note AN4904.
Access lines, but still with a comprehensive development environment including:
- STM32F412 Discovery kit (32F412GDISCOVERY) combines STM32F412 features with color touchscreen, joystick, stereo MEMS microphones, external memory capabilities, full-speed OTG USB interface and more.
- STM32 Nucleo-144 development board (NUCLEO-F412ZG) with an STM32F412 MCU as well as Arduino, ST Zio and morpho connectivity provides an affordable and flexible way to try out new concepts and build prototypes.