The Arm® Cortex®-M7-based STM32H7 MCU series leverages ST’s Non-Volatile-Memory (NVM) technology to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with up to 1327 DMIPS/ 3224 CoreMark executing from embedded Flash memory.
The STM32H7 series includes three product line groups:
Dual-core lines: Arm® Cortex®-M7 and Cortex®-M4 cores can respectively run up to 480 MHz and 240 MHz enabling more processing and application partitioning. Dual-core STM32H7 product lines are available with an embedded SMPS for improved dynamic power efficiency.
- STM32H747/757: TFT-LCD, MIPI-DSI, JPEG codec
- STM32H745/755: TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, optional industrial temperature grade from -40°C to 125°C ambient temperature
Single-core lines: single-core Cortex®-M7 offers either great performance at 550 MHz or a unique combination of performance and power saving at 280 MHz and 34 µA (typ) in STOP mode.
- STM32H723/733: 550 MHz, TFT-LCD, Ethernet, dual Octo-SPI with on-the-fly decryption
- STM32H725/735: 550 MHz, TFT-LCD, Ethernet, dual Octo-SPI with on-the-fly decryption, SMPS
- STM32H743/753: 480 MHz, TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, Ethernet
- STM32H742: 480 MHz, Ethernet
- STM32H7A3/7B3: 280 MHz, highest memory integration, TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, Chrom-GRC™, optional embedded SMPS, dual Octo-SPI with on-the-fly decryption
Value lines: With an embedded 128 Kbytes Flash memory, the STM32H750/B0 MCUs are cost-effective STM32H7 devices.
- STM32H750: 480 MHz, 128 Kbytes of Flash, 1 Mbyte RAM, Ethernet, dual Quad-SPI, TFT-LCD, JPEG codec
- STM32H7B0: 280 MHz, 128 Kbytes of Flash organized in 8 Kbytes sectors for flexible over the Air upgrade,
1.4 Mbytes RAM, dual Octo-SPI with On-the-fly decryption, TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, Chrom-GRC™
- STM32H730: 550 MHz, 128 Kbytes of Flash, 564 Kbytes RAM, Ethernet, dual Quad-SPI, SMPS on some versions, TFT-LCD
STM32H7 devices embedding a crypto/hash processor support security services such as Secure Firmware Install and Secure Boot – Secure Firmware Upgrade enabling the installation of new application codes in a secured manner.
The STM32H7 single-core and value lines are pin-to-pin compatible with the STM32F7 series of very high-performance MCUs and STM32F4 series of high-performance MCUs for the most common packages (*).
Read more about the benefits of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M7 processor for MCUs here.
(*): see datasheet for the specific case of 100-pin packages
High-performance MCUs Value Line
Learn more about the key features and specifications of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4 processor, featuring dedicated Digital Signal Processing (DSP) IP blocks and optional FPU.
Discover STMicroelectronics TouchGFX Demo running on new STM32H735G-DK, and learn more about the STM32H725/35 Graphics features.
X-CUBE-AZRTOS-H7 (Azure® RTOS STM32Cube Expansion Package) provides a full integration of Microsoft® Azure® RTOS in the STM32Cube environment for the STM32H7 Series of microcontrollers.
Demo Interview by product marketer at the ARM TechCon, October 29th , 2016
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars
Getting started with STM32H72x/73x MCUs
Choose your preferred board among the inexpensive and flexible NUCLEO-H723ZG and the demo-ready STM32H735G-DK.
Download the new STM32CubeH7 embedded software package containing several useful examples for the STM32H7 series. STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool will help you to define pinout, clocks and memory partitioning and evaluate the expected power consumption.
Enjoy the full range of Software Tools to develop and debug your application. The portfolio stretches from professional to free editions including STM32CubeIDE.
Take advantage of STM32H7 advanced features using:
- AI technology, developed thanks to STM32Cube ecosystem.
- STM32Trust security suite for enhanced cyber-protection and support for on-the-fly decryption (OTFDEC) and secure firmware install (SFI) on crypto part numbers .
- Free TouchGFX GUI software combined with out-of-the-box development kit STM32H735G-DK, which eliminates the need for external RAM when developing your next embedded UI. Further assisting the creation of full-color user interfaces, the TouchGFX graphic framework STM32Cube Expansion Package (X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX) and TouchGFX Designer programming tool are available free of charge.
Read more on our blog and newsbite