AZURE RTOS THREADX features
- ThreadX only needs a small instruction area of 2KB and 1KB of RAM for its minimal footprint
FAST, DETERMINISTIC EXECUTION
- ThreadX achieves a sub-microsecond context switch and is significantly faster overall than other commercial RTOSes
PRE-CERTIFIED BY TUV AND UL TO MANY SAFETY STANDARDS
- ThreadX has been certified by SGS-TUV Saar for use in safety-critical systems, according to IEC-61508 SIL 4, IEC-62304 SW Safety Class C, ISO 26262 ASIL D and EN 50128. Also, ThreadX has been recognized by UL for compliance with UL 60730-1 Annex H, CSA E60730-1 Annex H, IEC 60730-1 Annex H, UL 60335-1 Annex R, IEC 60335-1 Annex R, and UL 1998 safety standards for software in programmable components
- ThreadX is very simple to use. The ThreadX API is both intuitive and highly functional. The API names are made of real words. All ThreadX APIs have a leading “tx_” and follow a noun-verb naming convention. Furthermore, there is a functional consistency throughout the API
ThreadX is advanced technology! The following is an overview of the advanced features available in ThreadX:
- Complete/Comprehensive Multitasking Facilities
- Threads, Application Timers, Message Queues, Counting Semaphore Mutexes, Event Flags, Block and Byte Memory Pools
- Priority-based preemptive scheduling
- Priority Flexibility - Up to 1024 priority levels
- Cooperative scheduling
- Preemption-threshold™ - Unique to ThreadX, helps reduce context switches and help guarantee schedulability (per academic research)
- Memory protection via ThreadX Modules
- Fully Deterministic
- Event Trace - Capture last “n” system/application events
- Event Chaining™ - Register an application-specific “notify” callback function for each ThreadX communication or synchronization object
- ThreadX Modules with optional Memory Protection
- Run-Time Performance Metrics
- Number of thread resumptions
- Number of thread suspensions
- Number of solicited thread preemptions
- Number of asynchronous thread interrupt preemptions
- Number of thread priority inversions
- Number of thread relinquishes
- Execution Profile Kit (EPK)
- Separate Interrupt Stack
- Run-time Stack Analysis
- Optimized Timer Interrupt Processing
MULTICORE SUPPORT (AMP & SMP)
- Standard ThreadX is often used in an Asymmetric Multiprocessing fashion, where a separate copy of ThreadX and the application (or Linux) execute on each core and communicate with each other via shared memory or some other inter-processor communication mechanism.
- ThreadX SMP performs dynamic load balancing across "n" processors and allows all ThreadX resources (queues, semaphores, event flags, memory pools, etc.) to be accessed by any thread on any core. ThreadX SMP enables the complete ThreadX API on all cores.
MEMORY PROTECTION VIA THREADX MODULES
- An add-on product,ThreadX Modules enables one or more application threads to be bundled into a “Module” that can be dynamically loaded and run (or executed in place) on the target
- Moduleshave a completely separate address space from ThreadX itself. This enables ThreadX to place memory protection (via MPU or MMU) around the Module such that accidental access outside the module will not be able to corrupt any other software component
- ThreadX is easy to install, learn, use, debug, verify, certify and maintain. As a result, ThreadX has been the leading time-to-market RTOS for the last seven consecutive years per the Embedded Market Forecasters (EMF) surveys. The surveys consistently show that 70% of designs using ThreadX get to market on time – surpassing all other RTOSes.
The following are some reasons for our consistent time-to-market advantage:
- Quality Documentation - please review our ThreadX User Guide and see for yourself!
- Complete Source Code Availability
- Easy-to-use API
- Comprehensive and Advanced Feature Set
- Broad 3rd Party Tools Integration – especially IAR’s Embedded Workbench™
ThreadX is licensed royalty-free, for the lowest possible manufacturing cost
FULL, HIGHEST-QUALITY SOURCE CODE
- From the very beginning, ThreadX was designed to be a Industrial grade RTOS distributed with full C source code ThreadX conforms to strict coding conventions, including the requirement that every line of C code has a meaningful comment. In addition, the ThreadX source has been certified to highest standards.
- ThreadX source code is MISRA-C:2004 and MISRA C:2012 compliant
SUPPORTS MOST POPULAR TOOLS
- ThreadX supports most popular embedded development tools
Free evaluations and full source evaluations are also available by contacting Express Logic directly.
Product includes a user manual, read me files in most cases, full source code and 3 months of support.