The LCA3 SoC is the core of Multi-Channel LIDAR Sensors for object detection in automotive applications. It uses the Time-of-Flight (ToF) principle of light pulses reflected by one or more objects. LeddarTech’s LCA3 SoC is a LiDAR System-On-Chip (SoC), which enables rapid, high-volume deployment of solid-state 3D LiDARs that meet the automotive industry’s stringent performance, cost and reliability requirements. The LCA3 SoC integrates a powerful, proven, patented LiDAR technology into a low-cost SoC. The LCA3 SoC is supplied for the mass production of various customized solid-state LiDAR solutions, which are deployed by automotive OEMs for semi- and fully autonomous driving applications in production vehicles.
▪ 64 analog inputs for PIN photodiodes or Avalanche Photodiodes (APD).
▪ 16 highly sensitive, low noise high-speed trans-impedance amplifiers with up to 100 MHz bandwidth.
▪ 16 high-speed 14-bit AD Converters with a sampling rate of 320 Mbps.
▪ Interference rejection algorithm to minimize stray light sensitivity.
▪ Highly precise laser pulse trigger supporting up to 16 lasers.
▪ Automatic mode for periodic frame execution covering pulse triggering, data acquisition, and diagnosis cycle execution.
▪ Configuration and calibration by industry standard based serial interfaces (Safe-SPI, I²C).
▪ High-Speed acquisition data transfer by CSI-2 interface with up to 10 Gbps over 4 lanes.
▪ SYNC functionality for cascading of two LCA3 devices to support arrays with up to 128 segments per row or column.
▪ Integrated Functional Safety features for error detection and reliability increase.
▪ ISO 26262 based development procedure.
▪ Die specific tracking ID for traceability (QA).
▪ –40 °C to +125 °C ambient temperature range.
▪ Compliance to AEC-Q100.
The LCA3 LeddarEngine is designed to be the core of a Time-of-Flight LiDAR. It measures the time difference between the emission of a laser pulse and its return to the sensor, after being reflected by an object. The Time-of-Flight measurement is made after the acquisition by the LeddarCore SoC (through photodiodes) and the processing of the returned signal by the LeddarSP processing Library.
LCA3 SoC supports several LiDAR application scenarios for object detection with dedicated control algorithms for both laser triggering and data acquisition: 2D and 3D Flash Applications, 3D Scan MEMs Mirror and Mirror Master Application.